Seasonal Position - April 1 to November 10 - Ideal candidates will be a host couple
- Managerial experience with strong customer service skills.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team or independently.
- Ability to administer budgets and track finances. General knowledge of accounting and record keeping principles.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the USFS about safe and attractive operation of all grounds, facilities, historic buildings/collections, and equipment.
- Ability to supervise seasonal hosts and support staff.
- Ability to meet the public and communicate effectively both in person and on the telephone, providing information regarding services and/or programs.
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously within a strict time frame.
- Ability to walk up to two (2) miles daily and lift twenty (20) lbs.
Employed by: Executive Director
Responsible to: Cradle Manager
Purpose of Job: To assist 3 days a week (24 hours) in the management of Cradle hosts, oversight of daily operations of the Cradle Heritage Site, coordination of programming and special events with CFAIA Directors and USFS personnel, and operating of safe and attractive grounds, facilities, historic buildings/collections, and equipment with a focus on sustainability and green practices, where appropriate.
Amenities: Seasonal full hook-up site in Cradle campground and $4,200 compensation.
- Assistance with management, training, and supervision of seasonal hosts, including scheduling for daily operations and special event day logistics.
- Monitoring staff interaction with the public to ensure Good Host Training concepts are foremost in contact with visitors; resolution of customer complaints in coordination with Manager.
- Oversight of vending services and sales outlet operations in conjunction with Manager, support staff, and CFAIA Directors.
- Coordination with Cradle Caretaker and USFS for routine inspection and maintenance of grounds, facilities, and historic buildings, which may include:
- mowing, weed-eating, leaf blowing, brushing.
- bathroom cleaning, painting, identifying and correcting hazards, removing graffiti, washing/treating wooden signs, tables, and boardwalks.
- emptying recycling containers and collecting trash from receptacles and grounds.
- coordinating minor and major repairs with USFS and/or Cradle Caretaker.
- performing any duties required to maintain operational integrity.
- maintaining vehicular access, parking lots, and walkways free of vegetation and pot holes.
- Accurate and timely record keeping and reporting procedures related to all Cradle operations as directed by Manager.
- Participation in regular meetings with CFAIA staff and USFS representatives.
- Assistance with opening and closing of grounds, facilities, and historic buildings in coordination with Manager and Cradle Caretaker.
- Assistance with interviewing and recommending support staff and hosts for seasonal employment.
- Performance of other duties as directed by Manager.