- At least 5 years experience in designing and implementing environmental education programs to various ages in a classroom or nature center/nature preserve or similar setting.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a strong focus on the creation of flyers, publications and other media.
- Ability to work closely with the Director of Education and Campground Managers to provide updated information and quality programming.
- Willingness to provide support to CFAIA staff, volunteers, hosts, etc.
Employed by: Director of Education
Responsible to: Director of Education and Campground Manager
Purpose of Job: To ensure the education mission of the CFAIA by administering educational opportunities at CFAIA operated campgrounds and recreation areas. To create awareness of the natural world and National Forests through outreach, hikes, activities, partnerships with local agencies and individuals and updated information boards in campgrounds and recreation areas.
- Working independently to provide quality environmental education programs within the specified campground or recreation area under supervision of the Director of Education
- Acting professionally, courteously and responsibly towards campers, campground managers and hosts and the general public at all times.
- Designing and implementing all programs on a weekly basis in the specified time frame and working with the Director of Education in coordinating supplies and program flyers.
- Managing a supply budget
- Designing, printing and posting program flyers at each designated information board within the specified campground or recreation area.
- Gatehouse duty
- Cleaning campsites