REPORTS TO: Manager
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Minimum High School Diploma.
Pay: $10.35 an hour, seasonal temporary
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Monitors restrooms at day use area to ensure cleanliness and appropriate paper products are available.
- Assists in weekly inspection of day use area.
- Possess strong verbal communication skills to ensure exceptional customer service, including conflict resolution skills. Uses “Good Host” concepts with the public.
- Identifies safety hazards at day use area with Manager.
- Responsibilities include greeting guests and collecting user fees.
- Responsible for provision of information about facility and area, act as liaisons with forest visitors, perform security patrol.
- Attends meetings held regularly during the season as a combination of planning work assignments and training opportunities.
- Must be willing to work weekends and holidays. Absences coordinated with manager.
- Ability to work successfully as part of a team as well as assume independent responsibilities.
- Possess strong verbal communication skills to ensure exceptional customer service, including conflict resolution skills. Ensures Good Host concepts are utilized with every staff contact with public.
Essential Functions of the Position:
In order to complete the detailed responsibilities of the position, individuals must be able to:
- Move, lift and utilize handheld gas powered grounds keeping equipment
- Operate mowing equipment.
- Bend and squat to pick up trash/litter.
- Stretch and reach to access plumbing /electrical systems.
- Navigate stairs and step to access office and other campground facilities.
- See and hear in order to safely drive truck and/or golf cart.
- See, read and comprehend labels on cleaning products in order to use safely according to product directions.
- Strong computer literacy, i.e., e-mail, Excel and Word.