: Chattahoochee National Forest
: Blairsville, Helen, & Hiawassee GA
: Brasstown Bald is the flag-ship visitor facility for the Chattahoochee-Oconee National Forests in North Georgia. Each season the site welcomes 100,000+ visitors from all over the world to take in the scenic vistas of 4 states from our 360-degree view observation deck. We also have an interactive museum, mountain top theatre, general store, hiking trails, and picnic area. We are a non-profit organization operating under contract with the USFS.
: Assist with our visitor services program. This involves meeting and greeting visitors at our information desk and answering their many questions about the Chattahoochee National Forest. Part-time 24 hours per week.
- Provide outstanding customer service and stewardship of the land
- Lead in the collection and distribution of specific knowledge regarding the natural and cultural history of the area as well as local resources of interest to the visitor
- Advise visitors of local information, regulations, safety, and resource management practices
- Open and close the visitor center
- Perform routine cleaning and maintenance tasks: responsible for overall appearance of the visitor center, exhibit hall, observation deck, theater complex and surrounding grounds
- Create and offer thematic talks as a roving interpreter in the museum and on the observation deck
- Sincere guest service ethic and the ability to interact well with people of all ages
- Enthusiasm for sharing knowledge of historical and natural sciences with others
- Able to communicate with the public in an engaging and effective style
- Knowledge of regional natural history, forest ecology, and/or forest management a plus
: A non-profit organization, the Cradle of Forestry Interpretive Association
This is a unique opportunity to work and stay in one of only three campsites atop Brasstown Bald. Camp hosts receive a partially shaded campsite with water, septic, and electrical (50 amp) hook-ups in a lush forest setting. Washer and dryer as well as internet available on site. Cell phone reception limited. Atlanta, Asheville, and Chattanooga are all a two hour drive away.
Minimum Length of Stay:
May-July (12-weeks) OR August 1st - October 31st (12-weeks)