||Maintenance Technician – Cradle of Forestry Heritage Site, North Carolina
||April 3 - November 4, Lodging and other on-site amenities provided, Compensation $150.00 a week.
||Non-Exempt; Seasonal Part Time, 28 hours a week
|EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum High School Diploma. Prefer at least 2 year College Degree or applicable job experience.
|PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct routine inspection and maintenance of grounds, facilities, and historic buildings as assigned, which may include:
- bathroom cleaning, painting, identifying and correcting hazards, removing graffiti, washing/treating wooden signs, tables, and boardwalks.
- mowing, weed-eating, leaf blowing, brushing, and maintenance of Cradle landscaping and gardens.
- emptying recycling containers and collecting trash from receptacles and grounds.
- assisting with minor and major repairs
- performing any duties required to maintain operational integrity.
- maintenance of vehicular access, parking lots, and walkways.
- Provide assistance with special event set-up and break down.
- Operate all CFAIA and FS equipment in accordance with established safety protocols (JHA’s, certifications, rules, regulations etc.)
- Performing duties associated with Pink Beds Shelter Reservations.
- Assistance with opening and/or closing of grounds, facilities, and historic buildings.
|SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work successfully as part of a team as well as assume independent responsibilities.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the CFAIA personnel about safe and attractive operation of all grounds, facilities, historic buildings/collections, and equipment.
- Ability to professionally interact with the public and convey a positive image for the Cradle.
- Ability to assist with implementation of several projects simultaneously within a strict time frame.
- Ability to walk up to two (2) miles daily and lift fifty (50) lbs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience working in the field of facilities maintenance.
For more information about the Cradle of Forestry In America Heritage Site, visit www.cradleofforestry.com
Question regarding the position should be directed to Devin Gentry, Director of Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 828-884-5713 x221